Monday, December 03, 2007

Soggy Bottom

Arrived at work today and was delighted stroke bemused to find the place entirely broken. Courtesy of a leaky radiator gushing water under my boss' floor, some rather important cable to the server had frizzled itself, and every gadget (even the phones) had died. As the IT and Facilities bods looked stressed and puzzled, everybody else sat around chatting, making cups of tea and playing solitaire. But lest I could wallow too much in the comfort of doing fuck all, it suddenly occurred to me that I had loads of very urgent stuff to do. So I ended up walking to the local hospital and borrowing all their equipment for the most of the day, which essentially meant perching myself by a fax and getting steadily grumpier as the stupid thing beeped at me incessantly. I then came back to the office to discover everybody else was being sent home but having still a little work to do I stayed long enough for them to fix the problem and then be about the only person left in the building to answer the bluddy phone (at this point ringing off the hook).

YABBER YABBER YABBER I HAVE THIS PROBLEM YABBER YABBER YABBER I HAVE THAT PROBLEM YABBER YABBER YABBER ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home