Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Horse and Hounds

Oops, I haven't blogged for a while. Have been sort of busy, but also quite bored. Schwesty has buggered off to Sardinia, lucky sod, so I've been left at home to lounge on the sofa with the Bobster, and practise my sexy Cody from neighbours voice (courtesy of a bit of a throat bug).

Went to see War Horse at the National Theatre t'other day. Very moving. Give me a horse (even a puppet one), give me the lovely Man Eyken lurking at the edge of the stage singing tragic folk songs, put in a bit of WWI and plenty of needless suffering, and you've got me sniffling like a child that's let go of their shiny helium balloon (I'm still haunted by the Newbury show helium balloon disaster of circa 1985). I thoroughly recommend.

Had a stupid notion today, that I wanted a penpal. I've only had one penpal, and he spent most of the time begging for money, which facilitated my quitting of him pretty quickly. But how does one go about getting a penpal that is above the age of 12, and isn't some dirty old man who's going to fill your inbox with his filthmongery, and who you just know has fat sticky fingers? Ugg. Had a boyfriend once with a predeliction for that lark. Now I can talk dirty given the right occasion, and a bit of subtle naughtiness is just fine by me. But out and out filth on a regular basis, when you have to read it in front of your workmates and keep a poker face. Fraid it just don't float my boat.

Talking of which, spent Saturday night with the Swiss Miss and McLaren in Tonbridge, during which me, Choc Chip and Romba witnessed some dogging in a Waitrose carpark. How nice. People's personal sexual quirks, I take no issue with, but those (and usually they're unattractive middle aged parental types) who get their kicks inflicting the sight of their pasty bums on all and sundry - PLEASE DON'T. YOU MAKE ME FEEL QUITE SICK. Admittedly it was a little bit humorous at the time. But still, I can't be doing with exhibitionsim, when the unfortunate witness hasn't consented!

2 Comments:

Blogger Earth Girl said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:17 am  
Blogger Earth Girl said...

Bloody hell how can you be bored whe you're getting up to that much, have you read my blog lately - no new posts 'cos I don't ever feckin' do anything !!!

Oh and Simply Knitting magazine has a pen pals section full of very nice middleaged housewives who like to bake and knit and sew and other such wholesome activities.

9:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home