Monday, October 01, 2007

Doggy Style

Well hello there. I am now 27 years old. Which is very old indeed. But to be honest I've passed the point of panic. That happened at approx. 25 years I believe.

Had a super trip to Walthamstow dogs to celebrate. It was a great night and everyone seemed to have lots of fun. I came out with a profit of about £8 which is pretty darn good I think, and paid for my lovely Sunday lunch the following day with Monky and Mr and Mrs Shaggy. This was despite my final bet of the night being scuppered by the chosen dog getting rather "amorous" with a fellow competitor! Cheeky beggar....

As I sat on the back of the bus home, with a plastic glass of cheap red wine still in my hand, I felt very very happy indeed. And, if you can overcome the general orange colour, there's a lot to be said for "old-school Londoners" who turned out to be a very friendly, polite bunch of folk. I enjoyed the cheeky winks, doors being held open, and all that business. We're all a bit up our own arses sometimes and it's a nice reminder of what a load of old bollox that is.

It was lovely seeing Bems and the whole crowd out again. I just hope Shaggy is okay, as she's having a very hard time at the mo, and I could tell the evening was a bit of an endurance test for her. I find it weird, if not a little distasteful, that men seem to be swarming like flies around her at present. She is gorgeous and intelligent, so that's not such a surprise, but it seems to be even more so since she's become very vulnerable. Perhaps this is written with a tinge of jealousy, I admit. I just find myself wondering YET AGAIN why being independent and "strong" makes you feel like such a freak when it comes to many men??

Ahhh well ... that's just another one of those eternal questions....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home