Sunday, August 19, 2007

Mexican Man in Pants

Am just recovering from the first (should I make it an annual event??) Gael Garcia Bernal night. Mmmmm mmmm mmmm and a hubba hubba hubba etc. Three GGB films in a row, accompanied by much cheese and booze. The belly is feeling a little worse for wear now but never mind.

First off was Amores Perros. Very good, very long, very hardcore, and might inspire a personal vow never to go to Mexico City (unless it's full of GGB lookalikes). GGB very hot, got quite injured at one point. Top marks.

Then onto Dot the I, a truly stupid Brit film made bearable only by the presence of the Mexican hottie. Almost in the category of so bad it was good. Scripting, acting, everything, very very stupid. GGB still very hot though, and sporting a very mysterious/attractive half Brit/half Brazilian accent.

Finally El Crimen Del Padre Amaro which I had been looking forward too much. Not since that bloke out of Thornbirds (maybe) and "Father Fit" in Sunset Beach has there been a hotter priest doing bad things on the small screen. GGB donned the dog collar and looked lovely doing it. Although it was quite perturbing seeming him play such an irredeemable character.

As someone who thinks ALL religion is a nonsense I would like to say that I would seriously consider converting to Catholicism if GGB was the local priest. Especially if he was offering the special "bible" classes Father Amaro was offering!!

A lil message to Bems, who couldn't make it to GGB night, and said that she thought GGB was a "little too pig-faced" for her liking. I respect your right to individual taste. But that is poor judgement!! And Monky I am looking forward to your "The Rock" night. He may be a terrible actor, but sometimes that just isn't important!

Finally. just to rectify my lack of "Ding" talk lately, the mighty ones got their first win of the season yesterday (1-0 over Everton). Lurch (Bikey) and the Evil Leprechaun (Hunt) were on sparkling form, and it saw the return of the much missed Bobby Convey. And can't forget to mention Mr Hahnemann, who Monky might be interested to know has "written" a book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marcus-Hahnemanns-Premiership-Diary-Hahnemann/dp/190544933X/ref=pd_sxp_f_r/026-3821088-7713212

My God, it's even got a topless picture of him on the front. Ugg.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm getting a pic of the hanneman for monky and am trying to get her to tell me what personal message she wants on it!

sorry to be a crappy flake and miss GGB night, i especially missed the cheese.

have decided i know have a new love for hunty and was sad that he celebrated his goal on the other side of the pitch

11:44 am  
Blogger TheMightyDing said...

I am still eating the left over cheese. To be honest it's now making me feel a little sick, and yet I can't stop!

Hunty is so "special" it's impossible not to love him a little bit. I think I'd actually be disappointed if he cut off his mop-a-top now!

I'm now thinking of staging a "McKidd" night. However, not sure anyone else will wanna come, so it might just be me, myself and I!!

2:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd be up for a mckidd night

8:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home