Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Rant is Back

The blog is back!! It’s been awhile, for many reasons:

Work arg
Stress arg
Holiday yeh
Apathy arg

But now I am back on this planet, and feeling social again, so I shall restart the blog with a short thought on Clare Forlani (**RANT** C.S.I New York. Stupid Brit bint. Plummy. Wooden as fuck and with a smug pout that just begs for one in the kisser **RANT**) and some mundane musing on Formula One….

I often wonder why I should like watching a bunch of rich young idiots driving too fast round a track in souped up go-karts, especially when I really don’t like cars at all. But I do. So there. And the race last Saturday at the Nurberg Ring was really very entertaining. Rain, beautiful, rain. It may be flooding us to buggery, but boy does it make F1 more interesting.

Best of all, though, was the advert for Mercedes in one of the breaks. Now you probably have to like F1 to appreciate this but hell it made me chuckle (a lot):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-AQGohc3zI

Not least cos it features me old fave Mika Hakkinen. I can’t explain my love of this man, especially as he seems to permanently sport the look of an uncle who’s just about to embarrass you at a family party. But I reckon the adoration was probably cemented when he mucked up a race a few years back, and sat by the track crying (got me, me being a saddo of a high degree) and also his dry wit, which I’ve missed a lot since he departed the F1 circus. Favourite quote so far:

Jean Alesi: Going through Eau Rouge is like having an orgasm.
Interviewer: Mika, Jean described us that going through Eau Rouge flat out is like having an orgasm.
Mika Hakkinen: Nah ... Jean is probably just sh**ting his pants and mixing up those feelings.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Date of Birth: 1 July 1972, Twickenham, Middlesex, England, UK" IMDB details for claire forlani - disturbing as she was born in britain yet speaks like no-one else?!?

9:17 am  
Blogger Helen Around the World said...

That is an excellent quote !!!!!

Had no idea forlani was a Brit. never liked her thought as she seems to have a mop handle up her arse.

9:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home