Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Minus the Smoke and the Flames

Am feeling slightly less emotive about the old sailing ship today, now they've doused her down, and surveyed the damage. She's not exactly pretty, but apparently there's more of her left than they'd originally hoped, and part of the hull, most of the interior fittings, and her masts and sails, were elsewhere, so presumably with a bit of T.L.C she can be rebuilt once more. Also, I'm happy to report that the famous figure head - a luscious lady with her tits out - was also away from the action, and Shaggy assures me that happily the collection of figureheads, that I remember so fondly, were also AWOL.

"Cutty Sark" means a short shirt or undergarment, apparently, but the ship is probably named after the witch in the poem Tam O' Shanter (by Robbie Burns). Which brings me along nicely to a few articles I've read lately, saying paganism and witch craft are now massively rising in popularity, particularly among young ladeez, who no doubt appreciate it's respect for the feminine (absent in nearly all the modern incarnations of the world religions) and of course the earth itself. Which is good news for me, seeing as I proudly wrote "pagan" in the last census. Not sure I'm ready to move into the whole witchcraft thing just yet, but there's nothing wrong with worshipping mother earth. All the rest of you folks, still railing to the big fella above, and poring over the archaic texts of yester year, no offense, but I think you're just wasting your time...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home