Monday, May 21, 2007

The Cutty Sark


Currently on fire apparently. Presuming this is the work of arsonists (and it usually is) congratulations you ignorant tossers!! Not only my favourite all time London (and possibly British) manmade landmark, but the oldest surviving tea-clipper in the world. Well it was until a few hours ago. GRRRRRRRRRRR. Apparently there were significant parts of it that weren't present, as they were being renovated. But presumably not enough to put the thing back together again in all its former glory. I wonder if the collection of weird and wonderful dredged up figure-heads that used to be in the hold, are gone. Probably.
Hmmm, it's a bit strange isn't it, just as the West Pier in Brighton got the go ahead for a multi-million pound restoration, it goes up in flames. Just as the Cutty Sark's super expensive put-it-in-a-glass-bubble makeover starts, it goes up in flames. Maybe these things aren't the work of little fuckers, but a group of renegade right-wingers, voicing their anger at too much public spending!! As a theory I realise I haven't thought it through too well, but I'm sticking with it!!
Now, let me wallow in my bad baaaaaad mood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home