Thursday, March 29, 2007

Up the Spout

Not literally obviously. I'm talking bout my blogging, which has been abandoned of late in favour of stressing out, flying off, feeling sick, getting drunk, lazing on my sofa, thinking bout the world. So here's the latest low-down:
  • Cutthroat Cottage grand opening went plenty well. Discovered that drinking vats of Bucks Fizz does not leave you with a hideous hangover (unlike G & T eh schwesty?!). Also discovered that despite Libdem's best efforts, lighting a BBQ with firelighters right next to the house in windy conditions, will not burn the place down (even if the flames do seem rather too high for comfort).
  • Found out Helsinki is a very quiet capital. Fair dos, it was out-of-season, but chilled would not even cover it. I wondered round of the evening, wondering where everybody had buggered off to. There were nightclubs and bars evident, but all with darkened windows, so you could not tell if they were rammed or empty. And there was a lot of clean clean blue air, and stark, functional modern architecture. I liked it, against my better judgement. It was very relaxing, and I liked staring at the big cranes, and huge Talinn-line boat moored in an iced-over harbour. Oh, and the men are more than averagely cute. Mostly dirty blonds, with sharp features. And despite their reputation for Northern-reserve, the Finnish are a very pleasant and friendly folk....
  • Proved spending five hours in re-circulated air does make you ill. Currently feel very snoddy, very insomniac, and very tired. But glad that the working week is over, and looking forward to my massage tomorrow, and lunch with Choc Chip and Bems. Bring it one please...

So that's about it really. Probably should get me some sleep. But the night-owl in me, has got the better of my judgement. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home