Wednesday, February 21, 2007

If it Weren't for that Devon Nerd Boy...

I'd be having a much worse day. Thankfully thinking back on last night's gig at the Shepherd's Bush Empire is enough to make any girl (and any fan of good music) smile... I would give you a nice review here, but frankly I can't be arsed, and Schwesty very kindly forwarded me this link, which seems to sum it up all too well:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/music/gig-23353145-details/Seth+Lakeman/gigReview.do?reviewId=23386325

There was one rather marvellous moment, during a virtuoso performance of 'Kitty Jay', when all I could see was his bow bobbing above someone's head, and thanks to the smoke machine (a Seth favourite), it did actually look like he was fiddling so furiously, that he'd set himself on fire!

Embroidery was also pretty funny this morning. My teacher persuaded me to adapt my machine embroidery sample (a rather unintentional football-shaped mess) into a homage to the bad boys of football. I think my class of middle-aged ladies like to humour me, and see what "wacky" crap I can come up with next. Bless 'em.

But this afternoon I was at work, and I have been on the end of some serious cack-handedness, by a senior colleague. I am loathe to 'dob' people in, but my boss is going to get ear-ache tomorrow, when I do just that. As mistakes in my line of business could have very serious consequences, I'm pretty pissed off about the whole affair.

Anyways, gotta go, as the Swiss Miss has rescued me from an evening on the sofa, in favour of a couple of bevvies. I should be out with the lovely Choc-Chip but she was on the end of a serious bout of bad-luck yesterday, which I'm sure she she does not want repeating here. Needless to say - d'oh!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home