Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Best of Times and the Worst of Times

Today, in my wisdom, I decided to spring-clean my office. What started off as a minor tidy, became a three-hour military operation. Who would have thought such a small space could hold so much crap?? However all was made well, when I suddenly came upon £20 tucked away in my office drawer.

I simply cannot tell you how much pleasure this small miracle gave me. Oh how I dreamed of what I could do with this forgotten gold-mine. In fact for four whole hours I soaked in the aura of my new-found richness, telling any colleague unlucky enough to pass by of my amazing luck.

Then Disney (jokingly) asked if it actually might belong to petty-cash (seeing as part of my job is to give out cash to couriers). As the colour drained from my face, she laughed "no, it can't be, so and so from Finance would have chased it by now, it must be yours....". But no, something rang true, and suddenly I had visions of a courier who had handed cash back, so Didcot did the "right thing" and rang Finance to find out if their books balanced...

DAMN IT AND BUGGER IT AND FECK IT!!! So the glory of my extra £20 is no longer. Booo and hiss and etc. etc. So yet again I am heading down the pub, and will have to nurse one pint for approximately three hours. Great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home