Saturday, January 27, 2007

"I'm a Cock-er-ney"

After a luxurious lie-in, I spent this morning experiencing the joys of Walthamstow market. But a ten minute walk from Cutthroat Cottage, it's nice to see a bit of 'Old Lahndan Town' at work. London boys of all shapes and sizes, colours and cultures, shouting their wares. Every which way is a bargain, and every 100 yards a pound shop with every peice of tat you ever needed. Even 'Chubby Isaacs's Jellied Eel stall' for the hungry shopper with an iron stomach (I'll try most things, but this estuary delicacy is one step too far). Having had nothing on my shopping list I returned with a couple of freshly baked cheese and onion pasties, some smoked cheese with chilli in (mmmmmmmm) and the cockles of my heart warmed..... hmmm could it be that I am having some kind of middle-class pretensions to being an east-ender?? It'll not be long before I'm wearing braces and doing a little dance...

But just to prove I'm a berkshire lass at heart, I hurried home to listen to the mighty 'ding (well watch thanks to the joys of foreign channels on tinterweb). 2-3 to the ding over the scummy brum boys. Mwa ha ha ha. But best of all, Kits scored a goal on his first start after injury. Just gotta love the 'flame-haired' one. If only they interviewed him on MOTD....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home