Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Things that have Cheered Me Up Since the Weekend...


1) Completing my first ever machine embroidery sample. A small triumph maybe, but me and the sewing machine have a tempestuous relationship that involves a lot of cursing, breaking of needles, sewing my samples to my own clothing, sewing myself to my own clothing, and more cursing. In fact it is a major miracle - a small and highly stylised picture of Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge in Antrim, that doesn't look completely shoddy. Yes!!

2) Seeing a clip of Seth Lakeman's latest video (the White Hare) on TV. First it was smoke machines... now he has graduated to a wind-machine, and a (supposedly sexy I presume) flapping shirt. I would like to berate the advertising people for coming up with such total tosh, but in fact you have brightened up my rather shit week, so thank you, you overpaid idiots!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home