Friday, October 20, 2006

Seth - One Day in History

Hmmm, slightly over-dramatic blog title there, but it will make sense I promise...

Firstly, went to see Seth Lakeman on Tuesday. Splendido! Not a very technical review, but appropriate. I've got to give credit to Schwesty, who the first time she saw this fellow, immediately looked glazed, and started declaring how great he was... well he's been growing on me, and I'm happy to declare I now totally agree! Not only is he quite presentable, but he's a real musician, and when you hear his "new-folk" (or whatever the term is) live, it sends a buzz through you. He and his band take an obvious pleasure from challenging themselves, and the massive showing off (lightning fiddle-work during the rendition of 'Kitty Jay' and the furious hoe-down 'Blood Upon Copper') was not unjustified. It's nice to see a self-satisfied musician, who actually deserves to be that way!

Anyway a good evening all round, which leads me to 'One Day in History'. I heard about this project of the radio. It's been set up to to record the daily lives of the British people, on one day - the 17th October 2006. It's like a mass blog, but it'll be preserved in the national archive for future generations to read. I think it's a great idea. I mean even if that day seemed boring as hell, it's sure to contain some interest to the fat little pygmies and 7 foot freaks of the future (for this is apparently what we'll all become). I'm already enjoying browsing the entries, and finding out about what normal and abnormal lives we are living in 2006. My diary of the day has been duly dispatched, and naturally includes my night of Seth, as well as the odd reference to the mighty 'ding. Well, the fact that my average day contains many-a-thought towards men, music and football, will surprise no-one that knows me!

Anyway get blogging on: www.historymatters.org.uk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home