Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Getting in the Way of Control

A number of things have made me feel, in the last few days, as if I'm not entirely in control of life anymore. I have always been a grounded, level-headed sort of person, but my head is buzzing with a new insecurity about the future, and the anxiety transfers into the body and becomes a flutter in your stomach, a constant nag that follows you about like your own shadow. Tonight I'm going to visit my dad in hospital and tomorrow I'll take him home.

New Years resolution: to not let 2008 break me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your Dad- I didn't know he was in the hospital. I hope everything is well at the mo.

I've had the heebie jeebies over the last couple of nights- I lie awake and think of all the things I have to do before work starts next week, think about the past year and what's to come, my bastard form group etc. I think it's start-of-year-itis, like all these things colliding over this short period of time? Well, for me it's that way anyway... :)

I hope things even out a little and you feel more at peace...

6:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home