Sunday, April 27, 2008

Posh Nosh and more

Dates - had a couple more, one was alright but was more like an evening with a pal, and the other was with a very short man, who defied all my prejudice about stature by winning me over by the end of the evening. However, he was very difficult to read, so don't know if that is going anywhere. Oh and have second date with the first date today, if that makes sense. Urg I'm exhausted.

Happily, did do something a bit different on Friday, going for some posh nosh with Troy at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel. We spent a lot of money, despite having a special deal (it's all in the drinks!!), but the portions were generous and the service impeccable. They didn't treat you like scum that had just walked in off the street, which is excellent, as the last semi-posh place I went to for food, we had to wait about ten hours between courses, and there was not so much as an apology for keeping us waiting....

Troy was looking very glamorous, though was half-crippling herself with some lovely shoes! I'm still trying to persuade Troy to get some babies (and I don't encourage many people to do that) as she would be brilliant at that lark... I think it will happen, and then I can be the evil (not real) auntie 'Ding!

Oh and got sunstroke yesterday going on an NT trip. Typical. First sign of summer and, despite sensible hat wearing and all, had to spend the evening lying in a darkened room! Bahhh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home