Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Date in the Diary

I know that there are some people keen to know what an internet date is like: well now I know! It is not too bad actually. Bit nerve-racking but not embarrassing , and for the first time in ages (or possibly ever) I was wined and dined by someone with enough money to slap down the cashola without a second thought, which (although I am not money obsessed) is actually a rather nice feeling. My date was a courteous 30-something shipping agent, who spent twelve years at sea, but now works in the big bucks world of moving oil and the like across the globe. He talked rather a lot about his work, but as the evening progressed, I realised that this was probably just nerves, and he chilled out a bit and the topic widened. I'm not counting my chickens but it was really enjoyable, and I hope a sign of the "standard" (terrible term) of fellas selling their ware to lonely dames on the tinterweb....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home