Sunday, November 12, 2006

'Ave It!

3-1 The Mighty 'Ding!!

I visited my grandparents on Saturday. Unfortunately both are in need of a lot of care, these days, both being a little bit dotty, and my grandad very frail. My grandad has always been a man of few words, but since dottiness has got him, he's much more chatty, even managing, through the haze, to take the piss out of the mighty 'ding! And this is from a man Berkshire born. Poor!!

It can be a big challenge looking after the elderly, when they are in decline, but I'm proud of my mum and her family, for ensuring that my grandparents are looked after in their final years. It's nothing short of a disgrace that so many old people are abandoned by their families. Not everyone has the means or abilities to look after their olds in their own home, but everybody should at least ensure their relatives do not lead a miserable and lonely existence when they're at their most vulnerable. To pay someone a visit, and check they're alright, costs very little after all. Now here's hoping I'll live up to my high ideals when the time comes...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home