Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Inner Fat Person

Oh boy, need to get to bed on time, need to stop getting fat, need to not slouch at my computer like Gollum. Moaned about being fat to MG yesterday, and explained how I was ramping up the cycling to work / swimming (inspired by Troy "swimming the channel"). Wearing the expression of someone walking below an avalanche prone overhang, he gave me his helpful diet tips - basically not eating dinner EVER. Now I'm sure this works very well, but the idea of not eating dinner makes me sad. And the whole notion of being told not to eat dinner by a very skinny person riles the inner fat person in me. He was just trying to be helpful and I did bring up the subject, but my increasingly terse facial expression gave away that he was not required to reply to my mumblings about weight, merely nod sympathetically and tell me how lovely I looked. You would have thought men would have learnt this trick by now, shirley!?!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha, men never learn ! Just be greatful you didn't ask him if your bum was looking big !

Are you going to be joining me on my channel swimming challenge ?

9:02 am  
Anonymous metime.xxx said...

ha ha ha, this post is very funny

12:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home