Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Gone Done Broke Himself

Just as summer gets well into swing, MG has gone done broken his ankle. He was doing something "heroic" during a game of baseball, and got his studs stuck in the ground. The astounding part was, that despite hearing a crack and seeing his foot turn the wrong way, it took him two days to go to hospital (after some gentle persuasion from moiself). So all those summer adventures planned: the boating, the inevitable sinking, and the folking (no pun intended), have had to be put on ice, and MG is now all plastercasted and melancholy. Watching him painfully ascend the stairs, on his knees, and then back down again on his bum, was half hilarious and half tragic. One advantage of being stuck in the house is that MG took the time to teach me Texas Hold 'Em poker, and I now feel the gambling bug a-growing. Don't think I'd ever want to bet real money but it would be nice to start playing with friends, and seeing if I can perfect a cast-iron poker face (unlikely).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll bring my poker ste to t'folk fest if you'll teach me how to play !

12:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home