Sunday, December 03, 2006

Snoozing on the train...

Fitted in quite a lot this weekend, so much so, I woke up this morning thinking I needed to go to work. I like these moments, as they're always followed by the pleasant realisation that you can snuggle up in the duvet, and snooze a little bit longer. Yesss.

First of all, went to the Young Folk Musican 2006 award, held at at the Union Chapel in Islington. Some really fine musicians, especially a girl duo - Ruth Notman and Bryony Bainbridge - who did very strong and vivid versions of "Dear Billy" and "Cruel Mother". I will definitely be keeping an eye on them for the future. The cutest there (and not in the Seth Lakeman sense of the word in case you think I'm sick) was a young Scottish fiddler, called Ryan Young. He came onto the stage, looking slight, wide-eyed, and completely shell-shocked. And by the end of his virtuoso performance, I wanted to adopt him! My least favourite was a 15-year old called Wilber, who managed to detract from his obvious talents, by uttering a loud "yeah" over-and-over during his blues performance. He seemed rather too pleased with himself than is healthy for one so young - the kind of over-talented home counties clown that I knew well enough at school, to want to endure any more of....

Then, shopping with Choc Chip, where one most lovely 80's jumper was purchased, before rushing down to 'ding, as a late replacement for my poorly Ma, to watch them beat Bolton 1-0. The two Irish'uns were on good form, Doyle scoring another, and the one-that-should-play-for-England'un (Nicky Shorey) putting in a MOTM performance. Only complaint - my cup of coffee - which everytime I tried to take a sip, poured half its contents down my front. Thanks for that, you cheap tasting cup of crap!!

Finally (Lord I am blathering on) a quick visit to Naz and Boo's to celebrate Naz's 26th year. Very nice to see all the lads and gals again (Macca and Basey being on especially good form - Basey soon to go to America on tour hopefully), partook in a few glasses of wine, and as predicted by Deon found myself close to snoozing on the last train home. Perfick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home